Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Starting Over.....

Well, wordpress did not agree with me, I could not upload pictures. So I moved over to Blogger and so far so good.


Let's start.......Off camera flash


I have been wanting to experiment with off camera flash. Apparently, according to many pro photogs, that is the best place for your flash. So I ordered myself some cheapy flash triggers from China. They only fire 8 out of 10 times, but hey, for $35 bucks they work awesome! So I dragged the tripod, flash and camera along with husband, 2 diablos, an old chair and a bubble machine. I set up in the over grown field next to my house (checked for snakes and bugs first, haha!). Camera settings: SS 200, iso 100, aperture varied between f4-f8 and flash at camera left at either 1/4 or 1/8. I metered for the field and sky and found a happy medium and re-metered (is that a word?) every 8 or so shots b/c the sun was peaking in and out of the clouds. I postioned the diabla so that the sun acted like a hairlight. Turned on the bubble machine and voila! my most favorite photo ever of my little diabla. Totally gives you a glimpse into her quirky little personality. And, yes, the bubbles are real.


It's amazing how when a picture is properly exposed it just jumps out at you. The crisp colors, fine detail and sharpness of this photo are amazing. It's almost surreal. I am LOVING having my flash off camera. The only PSing I did was a slight color pop, slight levels and a bit more blue in the sky. I will definetly have this photo blown up, orrr maybe a gallery wrap canvas, either way it's going up somewhere in my casa.

1 comments:

Anonymous June 18, 2008 at 8:11 PM  

I've just bought two pocket wizards myself and am itching to get a shot like this one of your gorgeous girl. Nice shot!

Amy S.